U15 AA - TIMMINS
The 2023 OHF U15 AA Championship is being hosted by the Timmins Minor Hockey Association and is scheduled to take place from April 21-23, 2023.
HOST ORGANIZING COMMITTEE CHAIR OHF BRANCH EVENT MANAGER
Steven Vachon Scott Stevens
Hockey has been played in the City of Timmins since the early 1920s.
- Timmins ranks 22nd in the world in terms of an NHL birth city with 39 players born in Timmins who have played at least 1 NHL game
- Players born in Timmins have played in 12,529 regular season games (20th in the world)
- Players born in Timmins have scored 3,057 regular season goals (14th in the world)
- Players born in Timmins have assisted on 4,305 regular season goals(15th in the world)
- Players born in Timmins have a total of 7362 regular season points (16th in the world)
- Players born in Timmins have been penalized 8,103 minutes in regular season games (26th in the world)
- The highest scoring regular season player born in Timmins, Frank Mahovlich, (The Big M) had 533 goals and 570 assists for 1103 total points. Frank won (6) Stanley Cups, (4) with Toronto and (2) with Montreal. He also won the historic 1972 Summit Series with Team Canada.
Welcome to the City of Timmins. We are Ontario’s premiere four season destination, a destination for the adventurous vacationers, families and travelers from around the world who are in search of unique and memorable experiences.
No matter what time of year you find yourself in the “City with a Heart of Gold”, you’ll be fascinated by its beauty, history, and small city charm.
With year round recreational opportunities, your visit here will be a memorable one. Whether you’re searching for hiking, biking or ATVing, canoeing, kayaking, wakeboarding, golfing, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, or downhill skiing, Timmins will surprise you with its unlimited outdoor adventure opportunities.
With our endless network of snowmobile trails, Timmins has become a favorite destination for thousands of snowmobiler enthusiast in search of the world’s best snowmobile destination. With hundreds of lakes and rivers on our doorstep, you will enjoy the solitude you expect from a fishing vacation.
Amid the untamed and pristine wilderness that surrounds us, our diverse flair offers something for even the most selective taste; a top-rated symphony orchestra, choirs, theater groups, an ultramodern public library, Timmins Museum National Exhibition Centre and First Nations powwows.
The City of Timmins is a multicultural mosaic deeply rooted in European and Indigenous cultures and every year we celebrate the best in culture, music, the arts, and sports. Come visit and enjoy our hospitality, our friendly people, our attractions, our festivals and events and our natural, pristine scenic and accessible outdoors.
On behalf of the City of Timmins, I would like to welcome you to our community. During your stay, I encourage you to explore our dining and shopping opportunities. We hope that you immerse yourself in our history and enjoy our northern hospitality.